This collection contains fliers, announcements, and calendars from the University Center in Virginia, an organization which advocated cooperation from among its member institutions in higher education. The College of William and Mary was one such institution. The organization was founded as The Richmond Area University Center in 1946. They changed their name to the University Center in Virginia in 1957. Included are announcements for visiting scholars/speakers to the College; a 1974 announcement of the new University Center in Virginia president; calendars of events; and copies of their publication, Bulletin from 1947-1949.
Majority of material found in 1947-1974
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
Part of the Special Collections Research Center Repository
University Center in Virginia Records, Special Collections Research Center, Earl Gregg Swem Library, College of William and Mary. https://scrcguides.libraries.wm.edu/repositories/2/resources/2535 Accessed September 17, 2019.