Institute for Historical Biology Records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains reports related to the Institute for Historical Biology, a part of the Anthropology Department at the College of William and Mary. The reports include "Assessment of Human Remains from Archaeological Site 44YO2," "Report on the Human Remains Recovered from Block 23CB on Colonial Williamsburg Property," and "Analysis of Two Human Skeletons from Smith's Fort, Bermuda.
- Creation: 2003-2004
- Creation: Majority of material found in 2003-2004
- Dept. of Anthropology (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is open to all researchers.
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library
0.20 Linear Feet
This collection was previously part of the University Archives Publications Collection.
- Archaeology (Organization)
- College of William and Mary. Dept. of Anthropology (Organization)
- Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (Organization)
- Guide to the Institute for Historical Biology Records
- Finding Aid Authors: Special Collections Staff.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The collection description/finding aid is written in English