Thomas Walker Gilmer, Washington, DC, to Ann E. Gilmer, Shepherdstown, Virginia, 1843 December 6
Scope and Contents
Discusses the housing and dining arrangements he has made; doubts that the Compbells and the Coles will be staying there as he expected; promises to send news of a "fine speculation" that he is investigating; states that "the rumors about a mistake in my poll are all false like everything else of the sort in the newspapers." 3 pp. ALS.
- 1843 December 6
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers. Before publishing quotations or excerpts from any materials, permission must be obtained from the Manuscripts and Rare Books Librarian, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
From the Collection: 6.00 Linear Feet : 17th and early 18th century materials are photocopies.
- From the Collection: Gardiner Family (Family)
- From the Collection: Beeckman, Margaret Gardiner, d. 1857 (Person)
- From the Collection: Copland, Charles (Person)
- From the Collection: Gardiner, Alexander, d. 1850 (Person)
- From the Collection: Gardiner, David Lyon (Person)
- From the Collection: Gardiner, Juliana McLachlan, d. 1864 (Person)
- From the Collection: Gilmer Family (Family)
- From the Collection: Gilmer, Anne Baker (Person)
- From the Collection: Gilmer, Thomas Walker (Person)
- From the Collection: Nicholson, Francis, 1655-1728 (Person)
- From the Collection: Peticolas, C. L. Southern Cross (Person)
- From the Collection: Tucker, St. George, 1752-1827 (Person)
- From the Collection: Tyler Family (Family)