Saunders, Robert, 1805-1868
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
A single four page letter from Robert Saunders, Jr., (Williamsburg, Virginia) to Robert C. Randolph, (Millwood, Clarke County, Virginia), dated 1847 January 15. The letter contains Saunders concerns of official college business at William & Mary including the vacancy of the chair of Belle Lettres and the election of a permanent president. Saunders also lists and discusses potential presidential candidates.
Two page letter from Saunders, President of the College of William and Mary, from Williamsburg, Virginia to The Honorable Henry A. Wise, informing him that a messenger had arrived recently to inform him that John Tyler had been elected President of the United States.
This collection consists of 66 letters written by Robert Saunders of Williamsburg, Virginia to his wife Lucy Burwell Saunders (60 letters) and his daughters Lucy Page Saunders (three letters) and Roberta P. Saunders (two2 letters) from 1829-1867. There is also a letter written on May 4, 1847 to Overton Bernard, the father of College of William and Mary student Jesse Talbot Bernard.
- College of William and Mary--History--19th century 5
- College of William and Mary--Presidents 3
- Correspondence 3
- College of William and Mary--Faculty and Staff 2
- College of William and Mary--Faculty. 2
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--19th century 2
- College of William and Mary--Employees 1
- College presidents--Virginia 1
- Confederate States of America. War Dept 1
- Diaries 1
- Financial records 1
- Legal documents 1
- Manuscripts (document genre) 1
- Photographs 1
- Presidents--United States--Election--1840 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- University of Mississippi--History--19th century 1
- University of Virginia--History--19th century 1 + ∧ less