Chandler, Alvin Duke
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
The collection includes fliers, invitations, and booklets from the Jamestown Celebrations in 1957 and 2007. The collection contains a scrapbook compiled by the staff of the Virginia 350th Anniversary Commission for College of William and Mary President Alvin Duke Chandler of photographs, invitations, and programs and material provided to participants of the World Forum on the Future of Democracy (2007).
One black scrapbook, 16.5" x 18.25", containing clippings about the 1951 football scandal, Pomfret's resignation and A.D. Chandler's election as president, and protests against Chandler's social rules in 1955.
The collection includes subject files, speeches, and other material from the administration of College of William and Mary President Thomas Ashley Graves with some overlap with his predecessor Davis Y. Paschall and his successor Paul Verkuil. For the most part, headings assigned to folders in their office of origin have been maintained in the box list inventories available here.
In addition, there are two unprocessed boxes. Consult a staff member for assistance.
- Correspondence 2
- Athletics--Football--Scandal of 1951 1
- Burgesses Day 1
- Charter Day 1
- College of William and Mary--History--19th century 1
- College of William and Mary--History--20th century 1
- Degrees--Honorary 1
- Fliers (printed matter) 1
- Graduation (School) 1
- Invitations 1
- Jamestown (Va.)--History 1
- Jamestown 400th Anniversary 1
- Jamestown Festival (1957) 1
- Manuscripts (document genre) 1
- Memorandums 1
- Photographs 1
- President's House (Williamsburg, Va.) 1
- Reports 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Speeches 1
- Student protests--Beer protests (1955) 1
- Summer sessions 1
- Women college students 1
- Wren Building (Williamsburg, Va.) 1 ∧ less