United States. Army
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
A large photograph of Army soldiers from Camp Penniman, Virginia. The title on the photograph reads, "Enlisted Detachment Ordnance Corps U.S.A. Camp Penniman, Va. Dec. 1918." Seated in the center of the photograph are the officers of the detachment along with a canine mascot to their right.
Official military papers of Colonel Glen L. Shivel including congratulatory correspondence, citations, official awards, certificates, and his retirement records. Some records contain personal information and are closed to researchers at this time. Shivel also served as assistant professor at the College of William and Mary from 1966- 1970.
Ten letters written to Michael Paro, a private in the United States Army serving in Vietnam, mostly from his love interest, Barbara Jensen. In most of the letters, she discusses life after his time in Vietnam and plans for their future. A picture of Barbara is included with one of the letters.
One postcard depicting an American soldier towing a pretzel, a beer stein, sausages, and a dachshund. The caption says "I'll bring you back some souvenirs." The postcard was not sent but does bear the name "Harry Lydie" in pencil on the reverse.
World War I advertisement for various jobs within the United States Army. Distinguishes white from colored job options. Advertisement states, "Red Blooded Americans Within the Draft Age Step Forward" Broadside is from Charlston, WV, recruitment contact, Captain Breckenridge Jones.
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- Bulletins 1
- Correspondence 1
- Germany--History--Allied occupation, 1945- 1
- Law--Study and teaching--Virginia--History 1
- Medals 1
- Military records 1
- Motion pictures (visual work) 1
- Newport News (Va.) 1
- Nuremberg War Crime Trials, Nuremberg, Germany, 1946-1949 1
- Orders (military records) 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Propaganda, German--History--20th century 1
- Quartermasters--United States 1
- United States--Armed Forces--African Americans--History--20th century 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 1
- War crimes--Germany. 1
- World War I 1
- World War, 1914-1918--France 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Italian Americans 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Italian 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Collaborationists 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 1 ∧ less