United States. Army.
Found in 17 Collections and/or Records:
Letter, 6 August 1785, written by Samuel Beale of Williamsburg, Virginia. In the letter, Beale asks Nicholas Low, a merchant from New York City, New York, for assistance in releasing Neil Jameison from military duty.
Letters, 1951-1953, written by Kenneth Brady to Mary Brady, his mother, during his service in the Korean War. He serves at Ft. Bragg, Camp Drum, Ft. Hood, Ft. Eustis, and finally Sokcho, Gangwon-do Province, South Korea, as part of the Transportation Corps of the 8th Army.
Letters, 1951, of Phillip Coddington, a Captain in the United States Army, written to his wife. Most of the letters are written from Germany, while some are written from Texas and New York. Coddington served as a dentist during the Korean War, but it seems that he was never stationed in Korea itself.
Photograph album, circa 1950s, of John Dillinger. Primarily contains picture of Dillinger in the United States Army, with handwritten annotations by his unnamed brother. Includes pictures from the United States as well as pictures from what seems to be Korea.
This collection contains letters written by Sgt. Martin L. Duda to his wife, Phyllis Lucille Duda, while serving in the Korean War. Some of the topics discussed in the letters include Duda's reluctance to serve in the war, the dangers of modern warfare, daily military life, the psychological toll of warfare, and the social life of service men.
One page letter addressed to James H. Sheldon in Portland, OR. Kendall was a Second Lieutenant in the Army and his letter reports that he was wounded in the back of the head by a bullet that struck his upper vertebrae. His letter is from Spasskoe, Siberia and given the date, it is inferred that he is writing after engaging in the Battle of Romanova against the anti-Bolshevik revolt of the area. This Army regiment was in the area during the Allied Intervention after World War I.
- Korean War, 1950-1953 5
- Letters (correspondence) 4
- World War, 1939-1945 4
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 3
- Photograph albums 2
- Bulletins 1
- Camp Lee (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diaries 1
- Fort Eustis (Va.)--History 1
- Gatesville (Tex.) 1
- Germany--Description and travel--20th Century 1
- Germany--History--Allied occupation, 1945- 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953--Personal narratives 1
- Law--Study and teaching--Virginia--History 1
- Medals 1
- Motion pictures (visual work) 1
- Nuremberg War Crime Trials, Nuremberg, Germany, 1946-1949 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Photographs 1
- Postcards 1
- Propaganda, German--History--20th century 1
- Richmond (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Richmond (Va.)--Social life and customs 1
- Romanovka (Russia) 1
- Siberia (Russia) 1
- Siberia, Western (Russia) -- History -- Revolution, 1917-1921 1
- Suicide--United States--History 1
- United States-Military History 1
- United States. Army--Pay, allowances, etc 1
- United States. Marine Corps 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Personal narratives, American 1
- War crimes--Germany. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918--France 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Alaska 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Canada 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Pacific Area 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Women 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Women--United States 1 ∧ less