Found in 32 Collections and/or Records:
Original and photostats of a plot of land surveyed by Robert Beverley in June 1678, showing the land sold by Secretary [Thomas] Ludwell to Col. Thomas Ballard. This land was subsequently sold by Ballard to the College of William & Mary. This plat is the earliest record of campus lands.
Scrapbook material from the Williamsburg Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) consisting of newspaper clippings on the Civil War, veterans still living, battle reenactments, correspondence, yearbooks, programs, and other. Also included are papers concerning Confederate monuments in Williamsburg, as well as dealing with the Cross of Honor. One copy of "A History of the United Daughters of the Confederacy" is included.
One ledger book of lists of members and attendance, with news clippings of events and member's obituaries. Records on the first tournament in Williamsburg, Virginia in 1987-88, material on other tournaments, assessment of group, notes, names and addresses of members and correspondence.
Sidney B. Smith was secretary from May 1, 1986. The name was changed from "Group" to "Club" in August 1993.
Papers of the Williamsburg (Va.) Bibliophiles. Includes articles of organization, minutes, membership lists, accounts and budgets, newsletters, correspondence, programs, donations and contributions, and materials relating to a student book collecting contest sponsored by the organization. Includes first accession ((Mss. 90 W67))and additions.
Organizational records of the Williamsburg Historic Records Association (W.H.R.A.). Includes accession record of donations, newspaper articles, press releases, brochures, photographs, resolutions, correspondence, notices of annual meetings, minutes, WHRA constitution and some material on the formation of WHRA. There is also a resolution honoring Janet Coleman Kimbrough.