College of William and Mary--Faculty.
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of a reprint inscribed to Dr. Earl G. Swem by Douglass Adair and several reprints of 17th & 18th century flyers from Douglass Greybill and Virginia Hamilton Adair.
The collection of James Gleason represents all aspects of events and activities at the College of William and Mary for the years 1983-2006. Events documented include: Charter Day, commencement, buildings, awards, faculty and staff, students, and athletics. Physically the collection is organized by the "rolls of film taken" and into years they were taken. They are stored and protected in plastic sheets in notebooks and numbered for identification.
Materials relating to George Greenia's tenure at William & Mary, including his archive of gay rights history: newspaper articles, email correspondence, Faculty Assembly minutes, documentation and correspondence on benefits for domestic partners, and policy drafts.
The Marlene K. Jack papers contains photographs, exhibit catalogs, and articles related to Marlene Jack's artwork at William & Mary and in the Virginia peninsula region. The collection also includes departmental papers related to her career at the first female tenured faculty member in studio art at William & Mary.
A single four page letter from Robert Saunders, Jr., (Williamsburg, Virginia) to Robert C. Randolph, (Millwood, Clarke County, Virginia), dated 1847 January 15. The letter contains Saunders concerns of official college business at William & Mary including the vacancy of the chair of Belle Lettres and the election of a permanent president. Saunders also lists and discusses potential presidential candidates.
The collection includes l letter written to T. Taylor, dated March 22, 1871 and written on William & Mary letterhead, an August 26, 1871 letter written to Archie Taylor thanking him for donating a volume to the library, his Oct. 1, 1871 letter of resignation as Chair of Latin and French due to health issues, and a printed announcement of the reopening of the College (October 1, 1871),.