Showing Collections: 4801 - 4825 of 4950
Records, 1998-2014, of the Williamsburg Area Bicyclists. Primarily includes copies of their newsletter, The Flying Wheel. Newsletter includes news articles, meeting times and locations, advice for safe riding, schedule for group rides, and advertisments. Newsletters from later accessions interfiled chronologically.
Typescripts of biographical sketches, 1981-1984, of 142 citizens of the Williamsburg, Virginia area written by William "Bill" Bryant. These profiles were originally published in the Williamsburg Advantage, a local tabloid shopper and were commissioned by Dr. Janet C. Kimbrough.
Includes an index and an introduction by Bill Bryant where he explains the beginnings of the profile series idea and how it was organized between him and the publisher.
Scrapbooks, programs, photographs and minutes of the Williamsburg Area Council of Garden Clubs in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Records of the Williamsburg Area Historical Society and six monographs on Williamsburg, Virginia related topics.
Minutes, reports, correspondence and papers of the Williamsburg Area Performing Arts Center, formerly the Williamsburg Area Civic and Cultural Center, Inc. of Williamsburg, Virginia. This group attempted to create a performing arts center in the Williamsburg area, but was not successful.
Scrapbook, 1967-1974 of the Williamsburg Arts Council, consisting of programs, news clippings, photographs, financial records, fliers and correspondence.
Black and white photograph pasted on cardstock of George Waltrip, George Waltrip, Jr. and Bill Wedge posing behind a bar. The writing on the card stock indicates that the three were Senior Property Manager, Partner, and Assistant Manager, respectively. The name of the establishment was Appilu Beer Parlor in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Papers of the Williamsburg (Va.) Bibliophiles. Includes articles of organization, minutes, membership lists, accounts and budgets, newsletters, correspondence, programs, donations and contributions, and materials relating to a student book collecting contest sponsored by the organization. Includes first accession ((Mss. 90 W67))and additions.
Records, 1983-1993, of the Williamsburg Bicycle Association. Includes the constitution, minutes, correspondence, fliers, membership lists, and records of dues paid to the organization.
Minutes, and monthly and annual reports of the Williamsburg Civic League, 1907-1936. The League was founded as the Village Improvement Society, later the Educational & Civic Association, then the Women's Club.
This collection includes summaries of reports for the Williamsburg Crossroads project. The project was a collaboration between the College of William and Mary, the City of Williamsburg, James City County, Colonial Williamsburg, and several other local businesses. The project was in charge of creating a plan for the economic development of the Greater Williamsburg area.
Papers 1920-1974. Chiefly records of the Williamsburg Garden Club including reports from committees and chairmen, reports of other Garden Club presidents, minutes from the Williamsburg Garden Club, Club years books, minutes and register from the Garden Club of Virginia, Garden Week records, various other Club records. Also included are club notebooks, scrapbooks, and a publication.
Organizational records of the Williamsburg Historic Records Association (W.H.R.A.). Includes accession record of donations, newspaper articles, press releases, brochures, photographs, resolutions, correspondence, notices of annual meetings, minutes, WHRA constitution and some material on the formation of WHRA. There is also a resolution honoring Janet Coleman Kimbrough.
Payroll book, 1912-1916, of the Williamsburg Knitting Mill Company, Williamsburg, Va. which lists employees, many of whom are female.
Checkbook, 1927-1930, containing vouchers for funds paid by H. L. Bridges while treasurer of the Williamsburg Methodist Church, South, Williamsburg, Va. which includes a contract and correspondence concerning building the church's parsonage.
The Wednesday Morning Music Club changed its name to the Williamsburg Music Club. All accessions include the records of the club with programs, publicity, yearbooks, presidents notebooks, minutes, scrapbooks, as well as a history of the organization.
3 volumes of the Voter Registrar's office of the City of Williamsburg, Virginia, consisting of a "List of White Voters, 1896, 1904-1946," "Colored Registered Voters, 1902, 1904-1946, 1930-1953, 1964," and "White Registered Voters, 1904-1964, 1905-1953."
Three poems related to Williamsburg. "Lay of the Lost Lion" by Cynthia Beverley Tucker Coleman, originally in the Williamsburg Garden Club's 1932 "Williamsburg Scrapbook." "The Pulaski Club of Williamsburg, VA, Its origin and fame and how it got its name" by the History Committee. "My God, They've sold the town" a poem about John D. Rockefeller, Jr.'s purchasing houses in Williamsburg.
Account book, 1873-1880, of registered letters sent and received from the Williamsburg Post Office, Williamsburg, Va. when N. D. Piggott was the postmaster.
Collection of 20 postcards of buildings, people, and businesses in the Williamsburg area. Buildings include the Colonial Hotel, George Washington's Headquarters, Court House, and Duke of Gloucester Street. Postcards of people depict them in a working environment. One postcard is addressed to Captain Irvin from Edward Walford. Other postcards show scenes from Camp Wallace and the James River.
Fliers, pamphlets, working papers, and catalogs of the Williamsburg Pottery Factory in Lightfoot, Virginia. Papers include a profit sharing plan, maps of the factory, and an aerial postcard of the facility.
Williamsburg Regional Commission on Growth and Historic Triangle Growth Management Group Papers, 1987-2007
Papers of Stanley E. Brown as chairperson and member of the Williamsburg Regional Commission on Growth from 1986-1989 and the Historic Triangle Growth Management Group from 1990-1999.