St. Emma's Industrial and Agricultural Institute Photographs
Fourteen photographs showing the grounds, buildings, and students of St. Emma's Industrial and Agricultural institute, a school for Black boys founded in 1895 in Powhatan County, Virginia. It was renamed St. Emma's Military Academy and closed in 1972.
- Creation: 1931
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
0.1 Linear Feet (One legal sized folder.)
- St. Emma's Industrial and Agricultural Institute Photographs
- Language of description
- Script of description