Littleton Parish Register
Scope and Contents
Parish register, 1840-1902, of Littleton Parish, Cumberland County, Va. which includes baptisms, marriages, and confirmations, some years divided into "colored" and "white."
- Creation: 1840-1902
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
1.00 Linear Feet
37 p. : bound volume ; 32 cm.
Genre / Form
- African Americans--Religion
- Cumberland County (Va.)--History--20th century
- Episcopal Church--Virginia--Cumberland County
- Episcopal Church--Virginia--History--19th century
- Episcopal Church--Virginia--History--20th century
- Registers of births, etc.--Virginia--Cumberland County
- Slavery--Virginia--19th century
- Guide to the Littleton Parish Register
- Finding Aid Authors: Special Collections staff.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The collection description/finding aid is written in English