Photocopy of the certication of incorporation of the Order of the First Families of Virginia, 1607-1620, with accompanying correspondence designating the College of William and Mary as the home of the Charter. Also included is a document signed by George M. Bryant, Jr., of the State Corporation Commission, which verified that the photocopy was a true copy of the charter.
Photostats likely made in 1979 or 1980. Certificate dated 1980, program dated 1979.
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
0.01 Linear Foot
Transferred from the University Archives on March 23, 1984.