James City County School Commissioners Record Book
Scope and Contents
Record Book, 1819-1861, of the James City County School Commissioners. Included in the book are minutes from meetings, annual reports, treasurer's reports, and other administrative policies. Also included are financial accounts of teachers, poor children, and members of the James City County School Commissioners.
- Creation: 1819-1861
- Creation: Majority of material found in 1830-1850
- James City County School Commissioners (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use:
Before reproducing or quoting from any materials, in whole or in part, permission must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, and the holder of the copyright, if not Swem Library.
0.01 Linear Foot
Arrangement of Materials:
This collection is not yet fully arranged and described. Researchers may wish to consult with a staff member for further information in advance of using the collection.
Physical Characteristics or Technical Requirements:
The fragile nature of this material may limit handling.
Acc. 2014.054 was hand-delivered to Special Collections by the donor on 4/24/2014.
Accessioned and minimally described by Steven Bookman, University Archives Specialist, in May 2014.
- Guide to the James City County School Commissioners Record Book
- Finding Aid Authors: Steven Bookman, University Archives Specialist.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The collection description/finding aid is written in English