Lucy A. Baytop to Hetty Fitzhugh, Gloucester, Virginia, 1852 February 7
Scope and Contents
The letter from Lucy A. Baytop, no place, to Hetty Fitzhugh, Gloucester, Virginia spreads news of family and friends; the young minister from Bellmeys, preached before a great crowd; Judy[?] had a baby which died a month after birth of unknown causes and is depressed; Mr. Baytop is busy farming and studying to prepare for the ministry. Includes typescript.
- Creation: 1852 February 7
- From the Collection: Baytop, Lucy Taliaferro Catlett (Person)
- From the Collection: Baytop family (Family)
- From the Collection: Fitzhugh family (Family)
- From the Collection: Fitzhugh, Henrietta Ellen Baytop (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzhugh, Mary F. (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzhugh, Rufus King (Person)
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
From the Collection: 0.30 Linear Feet