Mary Indiana Winborn Baytop, Springfield, Gloucester County, Virginia to Hetty E. Fitzhugh, 1851 December 28-30
Scope and Contents
The letter from Mary Indiana Winborn Baytop to Hetty E. Fitzhugh discusses how Christmas has passed and work must resume; "great deal of sickness in the county, colds and pleurisys are very prevalent."
A letter from Lucy Taliaferro Baytop to Hetty Fitzhugh, is included. She discusses the division of Concord Negroes which will bring $250. Includes typescript.
- Creation: 1851 December 28-30
- From the Collection: Baytop, Lucy Taliaferro Catlett (Person)
- From the Collection: Baytop family (Family)
- From the Collection: Fitzhugh family (Family)
- From the Collection: Fitzhugh, Henrietta Ellen Baytop (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzhugh, Mary F. (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzhugh, Rufus King (Person)
Conditions Governing Access:
Collection is open to all researchers. Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations, such as the Virginia Public Records Act (Code of Virginia. § 42.1-76-91); and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia § 2.2-3705.5). Confidential material may include, but is not limited to, educational, medical, and personnel records. If sensitive material is found in this collection, please contact a staff member immediately. The disclosure of personally identifiable information pertaining to a living individual may have legal consequences for which the College of William and Mary assumes no responsibility.
From the Collection: 0.30 Linear Feet