Short, William, 1759-1849
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
John Dawson Letter to Fulwar Skipwith
Letter from John Dawson, New York, to Fulwar Skipwith, American Consul, Paris [France] offering congratulations on his marriage to [Evelina Vanden Clooster] and voicing his concerns about the abuse of the Jefferson administration by the Federal newspapers. Pennsyvania, the South and the West's are with the administration. Elections in New Jersey, New York, Vermont and Rhode Island and William Short. Includes typescript. September 19, 1802.
Thomas Jefferson Papers
William Langborn Papers
Papers, 1783-1837, of William Langborn and concerning his estate which was administered by Burwell Bassett. Includes letters, 1793-1805, from William Murdock, agent for Langborn in London, Eng. and typescripts of letters, 1790-1791, from William Langborn to William Short; and abstract from the correspondence of William Short concerning Langborn. Subjects discussed by Murdock include Jay's Treaty; and Langborn's rental houses in London.
Sir Peyton and Gray Skipwith Letters
Correspondence from Sir Peyton Skipwith, mostly to his nephew, Grey Skipwith regarding business dealings. There is also one letter from Grey Skipwith to William Short in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania dated January 10, 1811. In it, Skipwith tried to appeal to Short to move to England for a time.
William Short Music and Poetry Book
Music and Poetry book dated September 16, 1817 with the signature of William Short.
- Correspondence 3
- American Revolution--Veterans 1
- American poetry--19th century 1
- Elections--United States--History 1
- Executors and administrators--Virginia--History--19th century 1
- France--Description and travel--18th century 1
- France--Foreign relations--1774-1793 1
- Jay's Treaty (1794) 1
- King William County (Va.)--History--19th century 1
- Typescripts 1
- United States--Foreign relations--1783-1815 1
- United States--History--Confederation, 1783-1789 1
- United States--History--Constitutional period, 1789-1809 1
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- United States--Politics and government--1789-1815 1 ∧ less