Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Manuscript draft, dated October 30, 1864, written by Henry Ward Beecher comparing Abraham Lincoln to Wendell Phillips, being particularly praiseworthy of Phillips. Typescript included.
November 3, 1882 letter from Israel Green of Mt. Vernon, Ohio to his daughter, Clara G. Murphy in Indiana, about his letter to the editor on November 6, 1858 in the Daily Cincinnati Gazette supporting Lincoln for President. Describes circumstances that led to the letter.
Israel Green was known as the first person to publically suggest Abraham Lincoln for President.
This collection is a facsimile of the address.
Letter from W. M. M.[?], Washington, D.C., to President Lincoln about Rev. Dr. Jenkins seeking a post as chaplain in one of the army hospitals and about Dr. Jenkins' decision to leave behind all his property and dependents rather than remain under the "Rebel Flag." August 11, . Includes correspondence about the purchase of the letter.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Correspondence 2
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Manuscripts (document genre) 2
- Autograph albums 1
- Autographs 1
- Diaries 1
- Editorials 1
- Harpers Ferry (W. Va.) 1
- Harpers Ferry (W. Va.)--History--19th century 1
- Legal documents 1
- Notebooks 1
- Photographs 1
- Photostats 1
- Presidents--United States--Election--1856 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Syms & Eaton School 1
- United States--Lawyers 1
- United States--Presidents 1
- Virginia--Politics and Government--19th century 1
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- York County (Va.)--History 1
- Yorktown (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Yorktown Monument (Yorktown, Va.) 1 + ∧ less