Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: Mss. 96 P42
Scope and Contents Diaries; 1922-1967, of Eleanor Wormley Perrin of "Goshen," Gloucester County, Va. These forty-five diaries span nearly a half century, from 1922 to 1967, and document life in 20th century Virginia. Perrin's diaries discuss local events, female social life, national events such as wars and politics, hurricanes, the death of family and friends, and other topics. Toward the end of Perrins's life her diary entries increase in length and intimateness, often expressing loneliness and reflecting...
Identifier: Mss. 65 P42
Scope and Contents
Papers, 1770-1931, of the Perrin family of Gloucester County, Va. Chiefly the diaries and writings of John Tayloe Perrin. Includes farm books, scrapbooks, accounts, wills, and articles by Perrin.
Identifier: SC 01102
Scope and Contents Diary kept by members of the Tabb family, entitled, "Summerville Diary." Written by Rebecca Lloyd Tabb and Mary Lee Tabb as well as other members of the Tabb family. The diary records activities such as baseball, card games, teas, gardening, John Tabb's school, visits from neighbors and relatives, the Christmas celebration of 1910 and Rebecca Lloyd Tabb's wedding to Henry Bouldin. It also describes a visit of the Tabb parents to the University of Virginia for their son Warner Throckmorton...
- Subject: Gloucester County (Va.)--History--20th century X
- Diaries 2
- Account books 1
- American diaries--Women authors 1
- Baseball--History 1
- Correspondence 1
- Gloucester County (Va.)--History--18th century 1
- Gloucester County (Va.)--History--19th century 1
- Gloucester County (Va.)--Social life and customs 1
- Legal documents 1
- Manuscripts (document genre) 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Slavery--Virginia--History--19th century 1
- Virginia--History--20th century 1
- Women--History--Virginia 1
- Women--Virginia--Social life and customs 1 + ∧ less