Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
George Michener Hart Collection on Moncure Robinson
Identifier: MS 00245
Scope and Contents
The George Michener Hart Collection on Moncure Robinson is a compilation of the papers, letters, photographs and other artifacts belonging or relating to the noted early American civil and railroad engineer Moncure Robinson. The collection contains correspondence, engineering data, bills, statements of accounts, calling cards, letters, photographs and other items.
Robinson Family Papers
Identifier: Mss. 39.1 R56
Scope and Contents Includes letters, chiefly 1793-1848, written to John Robinson from Merit M. Robinson and Ann Robinson of Smithfield, Va. and from his sons Moncure Robinson, Conway Robinson, Eustace Robinson, Alfred Robinson and Cary Robinson. The collection includes notebooks containing copies of letters, 1853, written by Conway Robinson on a tour of the British Isles and copies of letters, 1861-1864, written by Cary Robinson (1843-1864) while serving in the 6th Virginia Infantry Regiment as well as papers,...
Moncure Robinson Papers
Identifier: 01/Mss. 65 R56, 77-14
Scope and Contents Personal and professional papers of Moncure Robinson dealing mostly with management of Richmond, Fredericksburg and Potomac Railroad in which he held controlling interest. Prominent correspondents include James Buchanan, Washington Irving, Dennis Hart Mahan, Winfield Scott and Abel Parker Upshur. Also included is the correspondence of his father, John Robinson (including letters from William C. C. Claiborne), his brothers, Cary, Edwin, Conway and Eustace Robinson and his brother-in-law John...
- Correspondence 2
- Notebooks 2
- Agriculture--Southern States--History--19th century 1
- Civil engineering--United States--History--19th century 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Infantry Regiment, 6th 1
- Financial records 1
- Great Britain--Description and travel--19th century 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Railroads--United States 1
- Richmond, Fredericksburg, and Potomac Railroad 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia--Social life and customs--19th century 1 ∧ less