Camp Peary (Va.)
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Letters, 1943, written to Paul Bilofsky, a soldier stationed at Camp Peary. Authors include Bilofsky's sister Mary as well as other friends and relatives. Letters include information about their personal life, rationing of food, events that they attended, wanting to be pen pals, and romantic messages, among others.
Collection of materials relating to Camp Peary when it was formed as a Seabee training center for the United States Construction Battalions during World War II. Materials include postcards, information sheets, pamphlets, blank stationery, military dog tag, menu cards, "Bee Lines" and "Peary Scope" newsletters, ephemera, and a red satin pillow cover with gold fringe.
23 love letters written by Edward Boulanger to his wife (name unknown) in Gardner, Massachusetts, during WWII. About nine letters were written while he was at Camp Peary in Williamsburg, Va.; about fourteen letters were written while overseas in New Guinea and the Philippines. The letters indicate he was a Seabee (the construction battalions the Navy used in WWII). Of note is the Camp Peary letterhead.
Papers of Elizabeth Nunn, an elementary school teacher in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Jan. 1944 postcard written by William W. Hanawalt to his wife in Allentown, Pa., while Hanawalt was stationed at Camp Peary, Va. The postcard states that "we are to get exceptionally good chow this week . . . this morning we had pork chops and for noon chow we had turkey and lots of it." The front of the postcard is of the football stadium at "William and Mary College" in Williamsburg, Va.
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- College of William and Mary--History--20th century 2
- Correspondence 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Social life and customs 2
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 2
- Chaplains, Hospital. 1
- Diaries 1
- Eastern State Hospital (Va.)--History 1
- Education--Virginia--Williamsburg--20th century 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Love-letters 1
- Matthew Whaley School (Williamsburg, Va.) 1
- Newsletters 1
- Newspapers 1
- Notebooks 1
- Photographs 1
- Programs 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Toano (Va.) 1
- United States. Navy--History--World War, 1939-1945 1
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--20th century 1
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Hospital 1
- Women teachers 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Prisoners of War 1
- World War, 1939-1945--United States--Personal narratives 1
- Yearbooks 1 + ∧ less