Confederate States of America
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Official form from the Confererate States to Blair Burwell for the appraisal and sale of his property, a horse, for the use of the Confederate government. The horse was appraised at $900, but the officer in charge disapproved the assessed value and reassigned the horse a value of $400.
Printed issued bond number 9434 authorized by the act of Congress of the Confederate States for the amount of $500 in order to fund the treasury of the Confederacy. The interest notes, of seven percent, were due semi-annually to the bond holder beginning Jan 1, 1865. At the center of the bond is a drawing of an encamped Confederate soldier and the bottom depicts a steamship and locomotive, with the company Archer & Dely, Richmond, Va.
One page letter informing Tate of the activities of peoeple he knew before going off to fight for the Confederacy. He reports that one person made a profession of religion and was baptized and another has volunteered for the war. Fury write on behalf of some of his friends reports that and all support the Southern Confederacy, send their regards, and pray for his safe return from war.
- Baptism 1
- Bonds 1
- Cedar Creek, Battle of, Va., 1864 1
- Chancellorsville (Va.), Battle of, 1863 1
- Chickamauga, Battle of, Ga., 1863 1
- Confederate States 1
- Confederate States of America. 1
- Courtship--1860-1870 1
- Fredericksburg (Va.), Battle of, 1862 1
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863 1
- Horses--United States--History--19th century 1
- Indigestion 1
- Railroad travel--United States. 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less