College of William and Mary--History--20th century
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: UA 99.001
Scope and Contents This collection contains the correspondence of John Stewart Bryan from 1926 to 1944, including when he served as Chancellor of the College of William and Mary from 1942-1944. Included is correspondence about fraternities on campus; the construction of William Barton Rogers Hall; and the financing and construction of James Monroe Memorial Hall (now Monroe Hall), a men's dormitory.
Identifier: UA 7.078
Scope and Contents One handwritten resolution, affixed with the college seal, petitioning W&M President John Stewart Bryan to call together a new House of Burgesses to meet in the Great Hall. Signed by six students, representing the International Relations Club.
Identifier: 00/02/UA 2.10
Scope and Contents This collection is housed off-site and requires at least 72 hours advanced notice for retrieval. These records have been microfilmed and are available whenever Swem Library is open. Records from the administration of College of William and Mary President John Stewart Bryan for the years 1934-1942. For the most part, headings assigned to folders in their office of origin have been maintained in the box list inventories available here. The...
Identifier: 00/02/UA 2.11
Scope and Contents Acc. 1982.055: Records of College President John E. Pomfret (1942-1951). For the most part, headings assigned to folders in their office of origin have been maintained in the box list inventory available here. The records cover the day-to-day business of William and Mary from finances to athletics to students to faculty and include correspondence, reports, and other record formats typically found in offices. This accession has been added to the box and folder list below. This...
Collection — Box 1
Identifier: UA 355
Scope and Contents This collection includes correspondence and financial records about Public Works Administration projects on the campus of William and Mary and the Norfolk Division primarily from 1934-1936. Includes the correspondence of W.A.R. Goodwin, and information about projects regarding the Lake Matoaka Ampitheatre, Marshall-Wythe Hall, Taliaferro Hall, and the Student Activity Building.