College of William and Mary--History--20th century
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: UA 2.10
Scope and Contents Due to the fragility of this collection, patrons must use the microfilm copy. The microfilm and microfilm readers can be found on the Ground Floor of Swem Library (call number LD6051 .W517 1934 B79, reels 1-24). [Originals are stored off-site.] Records from the administration of College of William and Mary President John Stewart Bryan for the years 1934-1942. For the most part, headings assigned to folders in their office of origin have been...
Identifier: UA 99.001
Scope and Contents This collection contains the correspondence of John Stewart Bryan from 1926 to 1944, including when he served as Chancellor of the College of William and Mary from 1942-1944. Included is correspondence about fraternities on campus; the construction of William Barton Rogers Hall; and the financing and construction of James Monroe Memorial Hall (now Monroe Hall), a men's dormitory.
Identifier: UA 7.078
Scope and Contents One handwritten resolution, affixed with the college seal, petitioning W&M President John Stewart Bryan to call together a new House of Burgesses to meet in the Great Hall. Signed by six students, representing the International Relations Club.
Identifier: 00/02/UA 2.11
Scope and Contents Due to the fragility of this collection, patrons must use the microfilm copy. The microfilm and microfilm readers can be found on the Ground Floor of Swem Library (call number LD6051 .W517 1942 P66, reels 1-28). Acc. 1982.055: Records of College President John E. Pomfret (1942-1951). For the most part, headings assigned to folders in their office of origin have been maintained in the box list inventory available here. The...
Collection — Box 1
Identifier: UA 355
Scope and Contents This collection includes correspondence and financial records about Public Works Administration projects on the campus of William and Mary and the Norfolk Division primarily from 1934-1936. Includes the correspondence of W.A.R. Goodwin, and information about projects regarding the Lake Matoaka Ampitheatre, Marshall-Wythe Hall, Taliaferro Hall, and the Student Activity Building.