Williamsburg (Va.)--History--20th century
Found in 52 Collections and/or Records:
Broadside, "A Card from the Engineer of The E.L. Asylum" by Galba Vaiden, late engineer of the Eastern Lunatic Asylum, about favoritism in firing and hiring employees. Possibly 1890.
Small notebook, belonging to an Armistead Family member, which includes names of a circa 1910 football team following family account information from 1901. Handwriting is different.
Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
Nine account books of John Bozarth, 1925-1932.
December 5, 1930 to November 11, 1931: Includes Hartford Fire Insurance policy for Mary C. Taylor and Lois S. Nixon, Indemnity Insurance policy for John N. Bozarth and banking information.
Papers of Carlton Casey.
The inventory is a guide to Mss. Acc. 1999.48 which is the postcard collection documenting pre-restoration Williamsburg, restored Williamsburg, Jamestown, the College of William and Mary, the University of Virginia, and cities, towns, and holidays in Virginia. Also includes clippings, articles, photographs, programs, and souvenir publications.
Additions to the collection are described individually.