Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
Collection of photographs, newspaper clippings, publications, postcards and other items relating to Williamsburg, Virginia.
A 12" x 17" black and white photograph of a scene on Duke of Gloucester Street near the Capitol Building, probably taken during the filming of "Williamsburg: The Story of a Patriot" in 1957.
This collection contains deeds, abstracts of title, wills, and other legal documents from the law firm of Geddy, Harris, Franck & Hickman in Williamsburg, Virginia. The bulk of the material consists of abstracts of title to real property located in Williamsburg, Virginia, and nearby counties, including the Historic Area of Colonial Williamsburg, from the 1920s to the 1950s, as well as deeds to properties in Williamsburg and nearby counties from the 1880s to the 1950s.
Scrapbooks containing newspaper clippings, engraved invitations, drafts of newspaper articles, and press correspondents' membership cards. One volume contains War Department communiques, 10 December 1941-23 May 1942. Collection contains "The Rockefellers at Williamsburg" (EPM Publications, Inc., 1991) by Gonzales.
This collection contains reports related to the Institute for Historical Biology, a part of the Anthropology Department at the College of William and Mary. The reports include "Assessment of Human Remains from Archaeological Site 44YO2," "Report on the Human Remains Recovered from Block 23CB on Colonial Williamsburg Property," and "Analysis of Two Human Skeletons from Smith's Fort, Bermuda.
Pamphlets and brochures from Colonial Williamsburg, plus various invitations and programs for Williamsburg area events.
This collection consists of a scrapbook that belonged to William E. Land, class of 1941, while a student at the College of William and Mary. Included in the scrapbook are photographs of William and Mary buildings and grounds, students, Commencement, and Colonial Williamsburg buildings. There are also loose photographs and an article from 1972 regarding Land's appointment as Judge of the Municpal Court in Danville, Virginia.
Williamsburg, Virginia items given by Will Molineux, mostly via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association. Some items are personal papers (newspaper articles, etc.) of Will Molineux. The photograph collection covers the entire Williamsburg area, including James City County and York County. Subjects include people, places, buildings, events, Colonial Williamsburg, William and Mary and many more.
Papers, 1881-1937 and n.d., relating to the history of Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown, Va. collected by members of the Morecock family of Williamsburg, Va. Includes photographs, pamphlets, Christmas cards, postcards, and wood-cut prints depicting the Powder Magazine, Bruton Parish Church, the Courthouse of 1770, the Yorktown Monument, the church tower at Jamestown as well as souvenirs of the Yorktown Centennial, 1881 and the Jamestown Exposition, 1907.
Papers of Elizabeth Nunn, an elementary school teacher in Williamsburg, Virginia.
This collection contains correspondence, newsclippings, research notes, and other material related to the attempt to classify the Peacock Hill neighborhood of Williamsburg, Virginia a historic landmark. Also included are maps of the neighborhood as well as a copy of the signed petition for Colonial Williamsburg to build townhomes that compliment, not replace, the homes in the Peacock Hill neighborhood. Most of the material is from 1982.
Papers of J. Randolph Ruffin. Newspaper clippings, brochures, drafts of speeches, correspondence about Virginia history, the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, and tours directed by J. Randolph Ruffin, Director of Special Events for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation. Accessions 1998.58 and 1999.22 WHRA.