Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
Professional and personal papers of Channing Moore Hall (1890-1953) attorney and mayor of Williamsburg. A box and folder list for accession 1992.66 of the collection is available in the Special Collections Research Center. A description of accession 2005.16 is available below in the finding aid/inventory.
Collection of material about Williamsburg, Virginia area history including Colonial Williamsburg Foundaton, Williamsburg Public Library, "Model" school of Williamsburg, Yorktown Bicentennial, Bundles for Britain and more. Includes photographs of family and friends, many set in Williamsburg, and photograph of dedication of the Confederate Monument on the Palace Green.
Papers concerning the War Board and Post-War Planning Commission during World War II in Williamsburg and James City County, Virginia.
Collection was accessioned as W&M: War Board Papers.
The papers of S.F. Bill Royall, Jr. contain a variety of personal material and ephemera, much of it related to Williamsburg, Virginia. The collection includes samples of printing from Bill Royall's press relating to Williamsburg organizations and events such as tags, calendars, posters, programs, stickers, flyers, bulletins and other items.
This collection is composed of transcripts and cassette tapes of interviews with 80 people by the Woman's Club of Williamsburg, Virginia to document the World War II experiences of people living in Williamsburg, Virginia in 2004. Folders may contain correspondence, biographical information, copies of photographs, previously written remembrances of WWII, and release forms. The collection also includes a small number of files created by the Woman's Club during the duration of the project.