The collection includes subject files, speeches, and other material from the administration of College of William and Mary President Thomas Ashley Graves with some overlap with his predecessor Davis Y. Paschall and his successor Paul Verkuil. For the most part, headings assigned to folders in their office of origin have been maintained in the box list inventories available here.
In addition, there are two unprocessed boxes. Consult a staff member for assistance.
The collection includes three scrapbooks Mary Mackey Sainsbury compiled during her years at the College of William and Mary. The scrapbooks include various material related to sororities and Greek life on campus, athletic tickets, postcards, news clippings, correspondence, photographs, and related material.
A soft black leather album with a stylized "W&M" on the cover containing pictures of William and Mary students, faculty, buildings, and events.
The scrapbook of William & Mary student Caroline Baytop Sinclair includes photographs of campus life and buildings including the visit of President Warren Harding to campus, news clippings, programs, tickets, corsages and other memorabilia, and related material compiled by Sinclair.
This collection contains fliers, announcements, and programs for various student organizations at William & Mary. The organizations include academic clubs, arts groups, Greek social organizations, religious organizations, student athletic associations, and other groups. See the Box List for a complete list of student organizations represented in this collection.
Electronic material received from student organizations can be found in the W & M Digital Archive.
Correspondence, papers, photographs, tintypes, and genealogical material relating to the Richardson and Tonkin famillies. Nelle Favil Richardson and her son were both graduates of the College of William and Mary, 1923 and 1956, respectively.
"Poem Upon the Graduation of the Class of 1938" written by Mollie Waters.
Student essay written by Theodora Whitworth for History 4D titled "The Main Building of the College of William and Mary up to 1859 and the Statue of Lord Botetourt."