This collection is formed of materials created by the First Baptist Church of Williamsburg, dating from the mid-1800s to the present day. Inculded in this collection are church records such as member rolls, meeting minutes, photographs, bibles, building blueprints, and audio visual materials.
This collection contains deeds, abstracts of title, wills, and other legal documents from the law firm of Geddy, Harris, Franck & Hickman in Williamsburg, Virginia. The bulk of the material consists of abstracts of title to real property located in Williamsburg, Virginia, and nearby counties, including the Historic Area of Colonial Williamsburg, from the 1920s to the 1950s, as well as deeds to properties in Williamsburg and nearby counties from the 1880s to the 1950s.
Papers, 1881-1937 and n.d., relating to the history of Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown, Va. collected by members of the Morecock family of Williamsburg, Va. Includes photographs, pamphlets, Christmas cards, postcards, and wood-cut prints depicting the Powder Magazine, Bruton Parish Church, the Courthouse of 1770, the Yorktown Monument, the church tower at Jamestown as well as souvenirs of the Yorktown Centennial, 1881 and the Jamestown Exposition, 1907.
Mss. Acc. 1995.37
Eight ledgers, 1897-1916, 1917-1937, 1949, 1952, 1959, 1960, 1963 and 1964 of the Peninsula Bank Williamsburg showing business records including individual accounts and minutes of the Board.
Peninsula Bank was also known as Peninsula Bank and Trust, then later became Crestar Bank and Crestar became SunTrust Bank.
Mss. Acc. 1994.92 has been added to this collection. Two newspaper articles, undated, on the history of the Peninsula Bank.
3 volumes of the Voter Registrar's office of the City of Williamsburg, Virginia, consisting of a "List of White Voters, 1896, 1904-1946," "Colored Registered Voters, 1902, 1904-1946, 1930-1953, 1964," and "White Registered Voters, 1904-1964, 1905-1953."
Minute books, 1899-1925, of the Businessman's Association, Williamsburg, Va. which includes the constitution stating that the purpose of the organization is to "encourage and promote the commercial, mercantile and manufacturing interests of the city of Williamsburg . . . ,".