Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
The collection contains papers documenting the lives of the Fay Parr family. The collection also includes Williamsburg ephemera and memorabilia. Other materials contained in the collection includes family photograph albums, press photographs of Williamsburg residents as well as buildings, newspaper clippings of events in Williamsburg, Virginia as well as publications from Williamsburg and other places.
Fred Frechette's papers which include his Richmond Times-Dispatch newspaper articles on Williamsburg, Virginia, photographs and his script and related material on "The Once and Future Camelot" a production given for the Williamsburg Reunion. Material related to his duty as a volunteer fireman and his March 25, 2000 pamphlet "William and Mary Students and the Travis House, Feb. 1, 1943-Feb. 28, 1951."
Annual scrapbooks, garden and home tour brochures and schedules, membership lists, slides and a few business records of the Green Spring Garden Club, Inc., located in Williamsburg, Virginia.
The collection includes personal as well as offical papers of Channing M. Hall III of Williamsburg. Hall was a member of the Williamsburg City Council and most of the collection concerns the government of the Williamsburg, Virginia.
Pamphlets and brochures from Colonial Williamsburg, plus various invitations and programs for Williamsburg area events.
Collection of material about Williamsburg, Virginia area history including Colonial Williamsburg Foundaton, Williamsburg Public Library, "Model" school of Williamsburg, Yorktown Bicentennial, Bundles for Britain and more. Includes photographs of family and friends, many set in Williamsburg, and photograph of dedication of the Confederate Monument on the Palace Green.
Papers, 1881-1937 and n.d., relating to the history of Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown, Va. collected by members of the Morecock family of Williamsburg, Va. Includes photographs, pamphlets, Christmas cards, postcards, and wood-cut prints depicting the Powder Magazine, Bruton Parish Church, the Courthouse of 1770, the Yorktown Monument, the church tower at Jamestown as well as souvenirs of the Yorktown Centennial, 1881 and the Jamestown Exposition, 1907.
The personal papers of Julia W. Oxrieder include materials related to Williamsburg, Virginia, documents of interest she collected related to her many interests, and personal material about her life and work in Williamsburg. Many items are copies of biographies, newspaper articles, and ephemera documenting local history including folklore, education, Williamsburg people and organizations, African Americans, and other topics.
Papers of J. Randolph Ruffin. Newspaper clippings, brochures, drafts of speeches, correspondence about Virginia history, the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, and tours directed by J. Randolph Ruffin, Director of Special Events for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation. Accessions 1998.58 and 1999.22 WHRA.
Papers relating to the Woodbridge and Mendenhall Families including materials of Julia Woodbridge Oxrieder, folklorist and author; her brother, Hensley Woodbridge, a bibliographer of Latin American literature; and their parents, Dean of the College of William and Mary Law School, Dudley Woodbridge and his wife. Some material relates to Williamsburg, Virginia. The collection includes diaries, scrapbooks, photographs and other materials.