Publications and newspaper clippings concerning the Williamsburg area, including College of William and Mary material. Programs, pamphlets, fans and newspapers.
Mss. Acc. 1995.37
Eight ledgers, 1897-1916, 1917-1937, 1949, 1952, 1959, 1960, 1963 and 1964 of the Peninsula Bank Williamsburg showing business records including individual accounts and minutes of the Board.
Peninsula Bank was also known as Peninsula Bank and Trust, then later became Crestar Bank and Crestar became SunTrust Bank.
Mss. Acc. 1994.92 has been added to this collection. Two newspaper articles, undated, on the history of the Peninsula Bank.
The papers of S.F. Bill Royall, Jr. contain a variety of personal material and ephemera, much of it related to Williamsburg, Virginia. The collection includes samples of printing from Bill Royall's press relating to Williamsburg organizations and events such as tags, calendars, posters, programs, stickers, flyers, bulletins and other items.
Papers of J. Randolph Ruffin. Newspaper clippings, brochures, drafts of speeches, correspondence about Virginia history, the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, and tours directed by J. Randolph Ruffin, Director of Special Events for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation. Accessions 1998.58 and 1999.22 WHRA.
Sanborn Insurance Atlas of Williamsburg. Transferred to Rare Books and filed as: G 1294 .W5 G495.
Images of Sanborn Insurance Atlas of Williamsburg. Transferred to Audio-Visual Collection.
9 large maps, June, 1960 in mapcase 55 drawer 13.
Glenna Shiflett's papers concerning the Twentieth-Century Gallery (This Century Gallery) of Williamsburg, her teaching career in public schools and tax and other documents for property on Richmond Road in Williamsburg, Virginia owned by her and her husband, Thomas Shiflett.
Material concerning and by Henry Stryker, Mayor of Williamsburg, Virginia, and his wife, Fannie Stryker, a hostess at Colonial Williamsburg.
2007-08 Correspondence with Mrs. Elizabeth (Emerson) Willard enclosing 1947 program for the Common Glory, enlarged photocopy of a card from the "English Antiques" located in the Blair's Brick House (present day Red Lion) and owned by Margaret G. and Col. Frances Wray of Charlottesville (1951) and photocopy of photographs of Grace Coles, a maid of the White Family and good friend of Elizabeth Willard and the sign of the "Blair's Brick House, English Antiques."