Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Collections of programs, pamphlets and other items from the Williamsburg, Virginia area. Biography and photograph of Comer Clarke Jackson, Manager of Casey's Department Store.
Obituaries and the story of Williamsburg residents Edwin A. Gilley and Comer C. Jackson who died when their car fell through the open draw on the Chickahominy Bridge, undated, obituary of murdered Harry Burleson of James City County in 1922, photograph of woman in a canoe with a note that it might be Virginia Waltrip, Notebook of handwritten stories by Ellsworth Ayers, dated 1909. There are also photographs of students from the Five Forks School.
The collection contains papers documenting the lives of the Fay Parr family. The collection also includes Williamsburg ephemera and memorabilia. Other materials contained in the collection includes family photograph albums, press photographs of Williamsburg residents as well as buildings, newspaper clippings of events in Williamsburg, Virginia as well as publications from Williamsburg and other places.
Fred Frechette's papers which include his Richmond Times-Dispatch newspaper articles on Williamsburg, Virginia, photographs and his script and related material on "The Once and Future Camelot" a production given for the Williamsburg Reunion. Material related to his duty as a volunteer fireman and his March 25, 2000 pamphlet "William and Mary Students and the Travis House, Feb. 1, 1943-Feb. 28, 1951."
The collection includes personal as well as offical papers of Channing M. Hall III of Williamsburg. Hall was a member of the Williamsburg City Council and most of the collection concerns the government of the Williamsburg, Virginia.
Pamphlets and brochures from Colonial Williamsburg, plus various invitations and programs for Williamsburg area events.
This is an artificial collection of material from and about Matthew Whaley School in Williamsburg, Virginia including material from the annual fifty year reunions. The school newspaper, The Powder Horn, 1930-1937 and 1946-1948, is available in Rare Books call number AN47 .W54 P68.
Publications and newspaper clippings concerning the Williamsburg area, including College of William and Mary material. Programs, pamphlets, fans and newspapers.
Mss. Acc. 1995.37
Eight ledgers, 1897-1916, 1917-1937, 1949, 1952, 1959, 1960, 1963 and 1964 of the Peninsula Bank Williamsburg showing business records including individual accounts and minutes of the Board.
Peninsula Bank was also known as Peninsula Bank and Trust, then later became Crestar Bank and Crestar became SunTrust Bank.
Mss. Acc. 1994.92 has been added to this collection. Two newspaper articles, undated, on the history of the Peninsula Bank.
Papers of J. Randolph Ruffin. Newspaper clippings, brochures, drafts of speeches, correspondence about Virginia history, the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, and tours directed by J. Randolph Ruffin, Director of Special Events for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation. Accessions 1998.58 and 1999.22 WHRA.
Williamsburg, Virginia items given by Will Molineux, mostly via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association. Some items are personal papers (newspaper articles, etc.) of Will Molineux. The photograph collection covers the entire Williamsburg area, including James City County and York County. Subjects include people, places, buildings, events, Colonial Williamsburg as well as William and Mary.