Papers, 1881-1937 and n.d., relating to the history of Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown, Va. collected by members of the Morecock family of Williamsburg, Va. Includes photographs, pamphlets, Christmas cards, postcards, and wood-cut prints depicting the Powder Magazine, Bruton Parish Church, the Courthouse of 1770, the Yorktown Monument, the church tower at Jamestown as well as souvenirs of the Yorktown Centennial, 1881 and the Jamestown Exposition, 1907.
Civil War correspondence, passes and orders relating to 1st Lieutenant William H.E. Morecock of the 32nd Virginia Volunteer Regiment. Legal documents of William H. E. Morecock, mostly concerning the lawsuit in Williamsburg and James City County, McCandlish vs Warburton, during 1851 to 1853. Correspondence and financial records of the Board of Visitors of the College of William and Mary while William H.E. Morecock was Secretary of the Board, 1877-1890.
Diary of a schoolteacher and farmer who lived in James City County, Virginia as well as in Williamsburg and in Warwick County, Virginia. He rented the President's House at the College of William and Mary. Includes comments on church meetings, schools, local people and weather. Also includes lists of students attending his schools in Williamsburg and Warwick County.
Diary of Nanny C. Waller, Williamsburg, Virginia, which includes religious writings, discussion of a cholera epidemic, and her family. It also contains copies of letters and accounts.
Photographs (and negatives) of papers concerning the marriage of Count Antonio Barziza, Venice, Italy to Lucy Paradise, daughter of John and Lucy Ludwell Paradise, Williamsburg, Va. Includes a typed copy of a letter, 24 February 1805, from Lucy Ludwell Paradise to Littleton Waller Tazewell; and a photograph of a letter, 28 January 1831, written by Margaret Nelson Bellett. Description: Photographs Williamsburg, Va. Williamsburg Restoration, 1930. 18 cm.
Mss. Acc. 1995.37
Eight ledgers, 1897-1916, 1917-1937, 1949, 1952, 1959, 1960, 1963 and 1964 of the Peninsula Bank Williamsburg showing business records including individual accounts and minutes of the Board.
Peninsula Bank was also known as Peninsula Bank and Trust, then later became Crestar Bank and Crestar became SunTrust Bank.
Mss. Acc. 1994.92 has been added to this collection. Two newspaper articles, undated, on the history of the Peninsula Bank.
This collection consists of a journal kept by Robertson while a student at William & Mary in 1816. He mentions engaging in social activities within town, places within town such as the "Old Capitol," and sometimes refers to lectures. He frequently writes about women.
A typed transcription is included.