This collection contains deeds, abstracts of title, wills, and other legal documents from the law firm of Geddy, Harris, Franck & Hickman in Williamsburg, Virginia. The bulk of the material consists of abstracts of title to real property located in Williamsburg, Virginia, and nearby counties, including the Historic Area of Colonial Williamsburg, from the 1920s to the 1950s, as well as deeds to properties in Williamsburg and nearby counties from the 1880s to the 1950s.
Photostatic copies (likely made circa 1965-1970) of letters written to Mollie M. Graves in Charles City Courthouse, who recently left Williamsburg, Virginia, from friends and relatives who reside in Williamsburg. The letters are addressed in care of Robert W. Graves.
Signatures of letter writers include E.B. Bowman, Martha and Cousin Sallie. 4 letters.
Letter, 1859 October 30, from someone named Maria to Elizabeth S. Ewell, daughter of College of William and Mary president Benjamin S. Ewell. In the letter, the author writes about life in Williamsburg, Virginia, the engagements of local men including professor Edwin Taliaferro to Bland Tucker, the Williamsburg Female Academy, and the loss of George T. Wilmer as rector of Bruton Parish Church.
Civil War correspondence, passes and orders relating to 1st Lieutenant William H.E. Morecock of the 32nd Virginia Volunteer Regiment. Legal documents of William H. E. Morecock, mostly concerning the lawsuit in Williamsburg and James City County, McCandlish vs Warburton, during 1851 to 1853. Correspondence and financial records of the Board of Visitors of the College of William and Mary while William H.E. Morecock was Secretary of the Board, 1877-1890.
Letter written and signed by John Tyler in Charles City, Va. , September 9, 1819 to Robert S. Stanard in Richmond, Virginia concerning a chancery suit between Knib and Dr. Dixon's Exors which had earlier been handled by John Tyler's Father in Williamsburg, Virginia.