Collections of programs, pamphlets and other items from the Williamsburg, Virginia area. Biography and photograph of Comer Clarke Jackson, Manager of Casey's Department Store.
Papers, 1909-1966, relating to institutions in Williamsburg, Virginia including William and Mary, Matthew Whaley School and Bruton Parish Church collected by Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough.
Records of the Capital Club of Williamsburg (formerly named the Middle Plantation Club of Williamsburg), which was founded by Rawls Byrd in 1966. The collection includes organizational histories, membership directories and rosters, meeting minutes, scrapbooks of club events, and other material.
Oversize photograph of Williamsburg Colonial Pageant, Griffith, photographer from Newport News, Virginia, 1921. In very poor condition Photograph of the pageant, cut into 7 pieces. One rolled photograph added in 2011, location uncertain in 2022. 2 programmes of the event.
Letter from E.G.G. to Lucy Burwell Page, [Williamsburg] giving news of the College of William and Mary and Williamsburg, Virginia. January 16, 1827, January 27, 1827. The President introduced new William and Mary students to the town people.
This collection is formed of materials created by the First Baptist Church of Williamsburg, dating from the mid-1800s to the present day. Inculded in this collection are church records such as member rolls, meeting minutes, photographs, bibles, building blueprints, and audio visual materials.
Records pertaining to the history and operations of FISH. FISH is an all volunteer organization, supported by the local community, providing food, clothing, small house ware items, and some transportation for medical appointments to residents who are in an emergency or crisis situation.
This collection contains a ledger of accounts for the Goodrich Durfey Estate, located in Williamsburg, Virginia. The estate sold flour, corn, feed, livestock, and other supplies to the Williasmburg community. Some of the accounts listed include the Eastern State Asylum, President of William & Mary Benjamin S. Ewell, John Dix, Robert Saunders, John M. Galt, and Richard M. Bucktrout.
Photostatic copies (likely made circa 1965-1970) of letters written to Mollie M. Graves in Charles City Courthouse, who recently left Williamsburg, Virginia, from friends and relatives who reside in Williamsburg. The letters are addressed in care of Robert W. Graves.
Signatures of letter writers include E.B. Bowman, Martha and Cousin Sallie. 4 letters.
Annual scrapbooks, garden and home tour brochures and schedules, membership lists, slides and a few business records of the Green Spring Garden Club, Inc., located in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Letter written by Martha Harrison to Thomas Randolph about dances and jubilees, dated May 15, 1807. 19.5 cm x 23 cm. Transcript included.
Martha Harrison may be Martha Wayles Skipwith Harrison who was married to Edmund Harrison and lived in "Genito" in Amelia County, Virginia. The festivities may be part of the 1807 Jamestown celebrations.
Scrapbook of Christine Henderson, class of 1924, Williamsburg High School. Memorabilia includes original photographs.
Williamsburg, Virginia items given by Will Molineux, mostly via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association. Some items are personal papers (newspaper articles, etc.) of Will Molineux. The photograph collection covers the entire Williamsburg area, including James City County and York County. Subjects include people, places, buildings, events, Colonial Williamsburg, William and Mary and many more.
Records of the Pulaski Club of Williamsburg, a men's social club, named in honor of Count Pulaski of American Revolutionary War fame. Includes minutes, correspondence, photographs, poetry, stationery and clippings. Two letters by John D. Rockefeller are included.
One ledger book of lists of members and attendance, with news clippings of events and member's obituaries. Records on the first tournament in Williamsburg, Virginia in 1987-88, material on other tournaments, assessment of group, notes, names and addresses of members and correspondence.
Sidney B. Smith was secretary from May 1, 1986. The name was changed from "Group" to "Club" in August 1993.
Records, 1998-2014, of the Williamsburg Area Bicyclists. Primarily includes copies of their newsletter, The Flying Wheel. Newsletter includes news articles, meeting times and locations, advice for safe riding, schedule for group rides, and advertisments. Newsletters from later accessions interfiled chronologically.
Scrapbooks, programs, photographs and minutes of the Williamsburg Area Council of Garden Clubs in Williamsburg, Virginia.