Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 27
Scrapbooks, 1960-1990, of the Birchwood Estates Garden Club in Williamsburg, Va. Contains minutes, announcements of programs, photographs, newspaper clippings, correspondence and cartoons.
Minute book, 1905-1914, of the Parish Aid Society of Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Va.
Records of the Capital Club of Williamsburg (formerly named the Middle Plantation Club of Williamsburg), which was founded by Rawls Byrd in 1966. The collection includes organizational histories, membership directories and rosters, meeting minutes, scrapbooks of club events, and other material.
Correspondence, programs, minutes, reports, and clippings; 1935-1936; concerning the Virginia Court season in Williamsburg for 1935 and plans for 1936.
Collection includes the constitution and bylaws and minutes of meeting, dated 7 May 1932, signed by G. K. Vanderslice and G. E. Meanley, of the Fort Magruder Fishing Club, Williamsburg, Virginia.
Professional and personal papers of Channing Moore Hall (1890-1953) attorney and mayor of Williamsburg. A box and folder list for accession 1992.66 of the collection is available in the Special Collections Research Center. A description of accession 2005.16 is available below in the finding aid/inventory.
Records, 1946-1979, of the Jamestown Corporation which was responsible for two of Paul Green's outdoor dramas, "The Common Glory," and "The Founders." Includes certificate of incorporation, by-laws, minutes, yearbooks, scripts, programs, ground plans, costume designs audio-visual materials, photographs, music and loose papers (correspondence and budgets).
The personal papers of Julia W. Oxrieder include materials related to Williamsburg, Virginia, documents of interest she collected related to her many interests, and personal material about her life and work in Williamsburg. Many items are copies of biographies, newspaper articles, and ephemera documenting local history including folklore, education, Williamsburg people and organizations, African Americans, and other topics.
Records of the Pulaski Club of Williamsburg, a men's social club, named in honor of Count Pulaski of American Revolutionary War fame. Includes minutes, correspondence, photographs, poetry, stationery and clippings. Two letters by John D. Rockefeller are included.
Minutes, yearbooks, photographs, printed matter and organizational files, 1969-2017 of the Williamsburg Chapter of the Virginia Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Includes 5 CDs of digital files.
Scrapbook material from the Williamsburg Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) consisting of newspaper clippings on the Civil War, veterans still living, battle reenactments, correspondence, yearbooks, programs, and other. Also included are papers concerning Confederate monuments in Williamsburg, as well as dealing with the Cross of Honor. One copy of "A History of the United Daughters of the Confederacy" is included.
Scrapbooks, programs, photographs and minutes of the Williamsburg Area Council of Garden Clubs in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Minutes, reports, correspondence and papers of the Williamsburg Area Performing Arts Center, formerly the Williamsburg Area Civic and Cultural Center, Inc. of Williamsburg, Virginia. This group attempted to create a performing arts center in the Williamsburg area, but was not successful.
Papers of the Williamsburg (Va.) Bibliophiles. Includes articles of organization, minutes, membership lists, accounts and budgets, newsletters, correspondence, programs, donations and contributions, and materials relating to a student book collecting contest sponsored by the organization. Includes first accession ((Mss. 90 W67))and additions.
Organizational records of the Williamsburg Historic Records Association (W.H.R.A.). Includes accession record of donations, newspaper articles, press releases, brochures, photographs, resolutions, correspondence, notices of annual meetings, minutes, WHRA constitution and some material on the formation of WHRA. There is also a resolution honoring Janet Coleman Kimbrough.