Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: Mss. Acc. 1997.26
Scope and Contents
Papers of the Reverend Cotesworth P. Lewis of Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Va. More than one-half of the collection consists of letters written to Lewis relating to a sermon he gave 12 November 1967 with President Lyndon B. Johnson in the congregation. Lewis questioned United States policy in Vietnam. Most of the letters in the collection are favorable to Lewis' sermon. The rest of the collection consists of other sermons, 1938, 1947-1995 (1200 sermons), eulogies given by Lewis;...
- Subject: Virginia--History
- Subject: Episcopal Church--Virginia--Clergy--20th century
- Subject: Williamsburg (Va.)--History--20th century
- Subject: Episcopal Church--Virginia--History
- Names: Lewis, Cotesworth P.