This collection contains the correspondence of John Stewart Bryan from 1926 to 1944, including when he served as Chancellor of the College of William and Mary from 1942-1944. Included is correspondence about fraternities on campus; the construction of William Barton Rogers Hall; and the financing and construction of James Monroe Memorial Hall (now Monroe Hall), a men's dormitory.
This collection contains correspondence, news clippings and articles, and certificates from and about the F.H.C. Society at the College of William and Mary. Some of the certificates are for membership in the student group while others were given to College of William and Mary faculty. Also included in the collection is a lecture given by Professor Hans C. von Baeyer about St. George Tucker to the society.
Letters, 1886-1917, received by Samuel W. Meek in his connection with newspapers in Akron and Cleveland, Ohio and Washington, D. C. and as business manager for the Times-Dispatch in Richmond, Va. and for The Press in Philadelphia, Pa. Prominent correspondents include John Stewart Bryan, Ellis A. Gimbel and John Wanamaker.
This collection includes correspondence and financial records about Public Works Administration projects on the campus of William & Mary and the Norfolk Division primarily from 1934-1936. Includes the correspondence of W.A.R. Goodwin, and information about projects regarding the Lake Matoaka Ampitheatre, Marshall-Wythe Hall, Taliaferro Hall, and the Student Activity Building.
This collection contains correspondence, including an invitation to join the "7 Society;" materials about John S. Bryan's inauguration as president of William & Mary; publications relating to William & Mary; materials about the American Chemistry Society (Virginia Section) and Hampton Roads Chemists Club; and Student Government ballots.