Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
A report sponsored by the Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools and the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities, "Black Education in Williamsburg-James City County, 1619-1984" by Philip D. Morgan, 1985. 1 item. 76 pp.
The collection includes personal as well as offical papers of Channing M. Hall III of Williamsburg. Hall was a member of the Williamsburg City Council and most of the collection concerns the government of the Williamsburg, Virginia.
Collection of material about Williamsburg, Virginia area history including Colonial Williamsburg Foundaton, Williamsburg Public Library, "Model" school of Williamsburg, Yorktown Bicentennial, Bundles for Britain and more. Includes photographs of family and friends, many set in Williamsburg, and photograph of dedication of the Confederate Monument on the Palace Green.
Scrapbook of the Magruder School Parent Teacher Association (PTA). Magruder School is located on Penniman Road in York County, Virginia. Includes history of the School Improvement League of Magruder School, the precursor to the PTA, certificates and newspaper clippings.
This is an artificial collection of material from and about Matthew Whaley School in Williamsburg, Virginia including material from the annual fifty year reunions. The school newspaper, The Powder Horn, 1930-1937 and 1946-1948, is available in Rare Books call number AN47 .W54 P68.
Glenna Shiflett's papers concerning the Twentieth-Century Gallery (This Century Gallery) of Williamsburg, her teaching career in public schools and tax and other documents for property on Richmond Road in Williamsburg, Virginia owned by her and her husband, Thomas Shiflett.