Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
This item is a November 1933 plat map of Barrett's Ferry, a property along the James River. The land was the property of G.T. Brooks.
Edward Belvin's Collection of Williamsburg and James City County, Virginia material. Includes copies of wills and death certificates, correspondence and certificates.
Newspaper articles about Williamsburg residents and institutions, businesses and events. Includes clippings, obituaries, notes and speeches relating to prominent residents and major events and important places in Williamsburg, James City County and York County, Virginia. The material was collected by the Newport News Daily Press newspaper.
Two account books re Langdon T. Hankins General Store in Lightfoot: daybook, 1924-1925 and ledger, 1920's and early 1930's.
Account book of Langdton T. Hankins General Store, 1921-1930, and daybook, 1924-1925. Per note on daybook, Hankins General Store was located in Lightfoot, Virginia. In 2009, Hankins Industrial Park is in Toano, Virginia in James City County.
Records of Hickory Neck Episcopal Church located in Toano, Virginia. Most of the material in this collection is from the Hickory Neck Church with a permanent loan or deposit agreement. Other material is from members of Hickory Neck Church or Williamsburg, Virginia area residents.
Collection includes additions.
Copies of death records from the Jerusalem Baptist Church, an African American church near Five Forks in James City County, Virginia. One folder of records dates from 1908-1940s. Original in the hands of the three remaining members of the Church including Mary Howard as of 1986.
Photocopy of an account book belonging to Dr. Thomas P. Marston of James City County, Virginia, from 1852-1871.
Civil War correspondence, passes and orders relating to 1st Lieutenant William H.E. Morecock of the 32nd Virginia Volunteer Regiment. Legal documents of William H. E. Morecock, mostly concerning the lawsuit in Williamsburg and James City County, McCandlish vs Warburton, during 1851 to 1853. Correspondence and financial records of the Board of Visitors of the College of William and Mary while William H.E. Morecock was Secretary of the Board, 1877-1890.
Williamsburg, Virginia items given by Will Molineux, mostly via the Williamsburg Historic Records Association. Some items are personal papers (newspaper articles, etc.) of Will Molineux. The photograph collection covers the entire Williamsburg area, including James City County and York County. Subjects include people, places, buildings, events, Colonial Williamsburg as well as William and Mary.
Fliers, pamphlets, working papers, and catalogs of the Williamsburg Pottery Factory in Lightfoot, Virginia. Papers include a profit sharing plan, maps of the factory, and an aerial postcard of the facility.