Office files, beginning in 1928, but mostly 1980’s; auxiliary enterprises files; inventory of real property held by the College, the Endowment Association and Board of Visitors; 1987 Master Plan material; correspondence with state agencies; financial reports for William & Mary, VIMS, and the Men’s Athletic Association; and Audit Reports.
This collection contains correspondence, reports, committee files, and other material from the Office of Finance at the College of William and Mary. Included in the records are budget reports, correspondence with the Virginia Attorney General and the Governor of Virginia, legislation from the Virginia General Assembly, as well as material from campus committee meetings. Please see the finding aid/inventory section of this finding aid for more information about this collection.
Acc. 1983.13 includes material from the Advisory Committee on Capital Resources, the Campaign for the College, and the School of Business Administration collected by W. Brooks George.
Acc. 2008.91 is four examination books and one book of notes belonging to W. Brooks George from 1930-1931 for the following classes; Economics 321, Business 301, and Business 302.
Professional and personal papers of Channing Moore Hall (1890-1953) attorney and mayor of Williamsburg. A box and folder list for accession 1992.66 of the collection is available in the Special Collections Research Center. A description of accession 2005.16 is available below in the finding aid/inventory.
This collection contains correspondence and other material of Charles P. McCurdy about the election of John Edwin Pomfret as President in 1942, the football scandal of 1951, and development of graduate and professional programs at the college in 1955.
Civil War correspondence, passes and orders relating to 1st Lieutenant William H.E. Morecock of the 32nd Virginia Volunteer Regiment. Legal documents of William H. E. Morecock, mostly concerning the lawsuit in Williamsburg and James City County, McCandlish vs Warburton, during 1851 to 1853. Correspondence and financial records of the Board of Visitors of the College of William and Mary while William H.E. Morecock was Secretary of the Board, 1877-1890.