Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier, marquis de, 1757-1834
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Letter, 1781 April 4, to Lewis Morris. 2 p. ; 21 cm. Concerns military operations in Virginia, a delayed meeting in Williamsburg, and mentions Benedict Arnold, Nathanael Greene, and Henry Lee. Typescript also available.
Letter from the Marquis de la Lafayette, at camp near Pamunkey, Virginia to General Nathanael Greene. Lafayette writes about the defense of Richmond with 900 men against the British with superior numbers of 2,300 men; at Richmond was General Nelson with a corps of militia and General Steuben and Muhlenberg; enemy moved to Manchester burning warehouses; enemy retreated from Richmond to Osburns; since the enemy landed at City Point, no public property has been destroyed.
Notes and accounts, 1776-1780 and n.d., concerning the service of Henry Waring, Thomas Waring and William Waring, brothers from Essex Co., Va. in the American Revolution. Includes payroll account for a detachment of the 7th Virginia Regiment; an inventory of the estate of Captain Henry Waring; enlistment record [during the American Revolution ?] giving men's names, heights, and complexion; commissions and allegiance oath of Henry Waring.
- Subject: United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 X
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Participation, French 2
- Account books 1
- Appointments (military records) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Essex County (Va.)--History--18th century 1
- Greene, Nathanael, 1742-1786 1
- Inventories 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Manuscripts (document genre) 1
- Orders (military records) 1
- Payroll records 1
- Receipts (financial records) 1
- Richmond (Va.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- United States. Army--Appointments, promotions, salaries, etc 1
- United States. Continental Army. Virginia Infantry Regiment, 7th--History 1
- Virginia--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- Williamsburg (Va.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783 1 ∧ less