Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: Mss. Acc. 2013.112
Scope and Contents This collection contains deeds, abstracts of title, wills, and other legal documents from the law firm of Geddy, Harris, Franck & Hickman in Williamsburg, Virginia. The bulk of the material consists of abstracts of title to real property located in Williamsburg, Virginia, and nearby counties, including the Historic Area of Colonial Williamsburg, from the 1920s to the 1950s, as well as deeds to properties in Williamsburg and nearby counties from the 1880s to the 1950s.
Identifier: 01/Mss. Acc. 1997.17
Scope and Contents Correspondence and legal papers, 1951-1955, of Mrs. Virginia B. Haughwout of Williamsburg, Virginia, about the construction of a "Virginia Gazette" building on her property on the Duke of Gloucester Street. Correspondence is chiefly with her lawyer Robert T. Armistead and Kenneth Chorley, President of the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation. Includes memorandum of argument on behalf of Colonial Williamsburg, Inc., prepared by the firm of Hunton, Williams, Gay, Moore & Powell, 6 June 1955,...
Identifier: Mss. 39.4 V82ci
Identifier: Mss. 39.2 W99
Scope and Contents Copies of letters, 1781-1783, from George Wythe, Williamsburg, Va. , one to John Adams and another to Thomas Jefferson concerning the use of the College of William and Mary as a hospital. Also includes a magazine article about Wythe; newspaper copy of William Munford's oration at Wythe's funeral; correspondence, 1921, of Robert M. Hughes concerning a monument for Wythe's grave; a form book of Peter Tinsley, clerk of the High Court of Chancery which gives "Forms of Injunctions," Forms of...